Now that March has arrived, it won’t be long that spring will be ringing in our ears with the sounds of warmer weather, accompanied by the fresh smells and the beauty the ride along side it.
So we have to ask. What have you done for your commercially landscaped property since last year? Is it drab, brown, and mostly dead? If so, maybe it’s time for some early spring prep.
Here are 5 things you can do now to get your Raleigh, NC property ready for spring.
1. Tree Installation: New trees do a landscape good, and there’s no better time to plant them than early spring. The soil is the perfect temperature for trees, shrubs, and hedges, and by planting them now, they’ll have to establish roots before the weather gets too warm.
2. Hardscapes: Installing hardscapes, like patios, retaining walls, and walkways is perfect for early spring. Milder temperatures mean that labor intensive projects are less physically taxing, and the work is more satisfying.
3. Pruning: Early spring pruning, in principle, works to help the plant grow healthier and stronger. Fresh cuts cause the plant to work to replenish, growing fuller instead of taller. This is true for flowering plants like roses, as well as most common decorative trees and shrubs.
4. Branch Removal: Cold weather, specifically ice and snow, cause old and dying branches to fall from trees or sit upon other branches. It’s important for the trees health, business liability, and the beauty of your commercial landscape to remove them before the tree fills in.
5. Turfgrass Maintenance: As many turfgrasses come out of dormancy in early spring, it’s important to mange them properly. Many people do this with an early spring mow. If that’s not possible, trimming them by each unkempt patch works as well.
Interested in having some early spring maintenance done to your commercial landscape? Please contact us to discuss how we can help you.